TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR VEVE BROADBAND MONTH-TO-MONTH SERVICE RUNNING ON iFIBER NETWORK (FOR RESIDENTIAL OR INDIVIDUAL CUSTOMERS ONLY)
Terms and conditions, as applicable, for the subscription by the Customer of the services provided by iFiber Sdn Bhd (“iFiber”) (collectively, the “Services” and individually, the “Service”) are provided as below.
By indicating the Customer’s acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein, the Customer is deemed to have acknowledged and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions for the use of the Service.
iFiber reserves the right to revise the terms and conditions of the Service from time to time if updating or revision is deemed necessary. In the event the terms and conditions are revised, the Customer will be notified via our website or in any other manner as iFiber deems necessary and appropriate. Continued usage of the Service by the Customer signifies acceptance of the changes with regard to the terms and conditions of the Services.
Application for the Service
- The Service is only available in certain identified coverage areas. Please refer to our website www.ifiber.my to check if you are within the coverage areas.
- The Customer must ensure that all information submitted for the purpose of the application for the subscription of the Service are accurate, current and complete.
Duration of Service
- The Service commences on the date of successful onsite installation at your premise (“Activation Date”). Upon activation, the Service is available to the Customer for a period of 30 days from the Activation Date (“Validity Period”). It is recommended that the Customer perform a top-up on or before the 28th day in order to ensure no service interruptions. In the event a Customer fails to top up on the 30th day, the Service will automatically be disconnected.
Installation of Service
- The Customer deemed to have authorized iFiber or iFiber’s appointed installers to enter Customer’s premise to carry out and complete installation of iFiber equipment. The Customer must have procured all 3rd party’s permissions, licenses or consent necessary to complete the installation.
- All our authorized personnel shall display our authorized identity cards and uniforms when at the Customer’s premises. If the Customer are in doubt as to the genuineness of the authorized personnel, please contact our Customer Service at 0127926990 or via email [email protected]
- For standard installations, iFiber will provide fifteen (15) meter (inside your home) at no additional charges. This arrangement for the standard Installation may be subject to change from time to time. Should the length required at Customer’s premise exceed the said allocated amount, the extra charges will be borne by the Customer.
- Cost of any non-standard type of installations, such as over the ceiling, underground ducts, concealed wiring and so on (‘Non-Standard Installations”) will be borne by the Customer. The consent of the Customer will be obtained by iFiber or its contractor prior to commencing any Non-Standard Installation. The Customer is required to pay in cash to the contractor upon completion of any Non-Standard Installation work.
- The Standard Installation process will take approximately two (2) to four (4) hours. The Customer will be contacted by iFiber within seven (7) working days from receipt of the Customer’s registration for the Service to select a date and time to install the iFiber Equipment at the Customer’s premises (“Installation Date”). For any rescheduling or cancellation of the Installation Date, the Customer is required to inform iFiber no later than three (3) working days prior to the Installation Date. In the event the Customer fails to inform iFiber accordingly, iFiber reserves the right to charge the Customer RM200 for any rescheduling or cancellation request.
- Where applicable, the Customer shall be responsible for the safety and security of service or user ID and password of the Service. iFiber is not able to control the safety of the user ID and iFiber disclaims any liability for any unauthorized use by any third party of such use, user ID or password. In addition, the Customer shall properly maintain and take appropriate measures to safeguard iFiber’s equipment that may be provided by iFiber for the use of the Service.
- The Customer shall only use the Service for lawful purposes. The Customer shall not :
- use the Service for any unlawful purpose including without limitation any criminal purposes
- use the Service to send unsolicited electronic messages or any messages which is obscene, threatening or offensive on moral, religious, racial or political grounds to any person including a company or a corporation;
- use the Service to compromise or infect any systems with computer viruses or otherwise; d. use the Service to infringe any intellectual property rights of iFiber, its related companies and subsidiaries or any third party
- use the Service to gain unauthorized access to any computer system connected to the Internet or any information regarded as private by any person including a company or corporation
- share the Service with any person including a company or corporation without the prior written approval of iFiber and shall use the Service only for which it is subscribed;
- resell or sublet the Service to any third parties without prior written consent from iFiber;
- use the Service in any manner, which in the opinion of iFiber may adversely affect the use of the Service by other customers or efficiency or security as a whole
Suspension and Termination of the Service
- Customers shall have the right to terminate the Service and this Agreement at any time by not paying the monthly charges by the due date and the Service will be terminated automatically.
- Notice of termination will be sent to Customer via any methods deemed fit based on the details furnished by the Customer during registration or as updated by the Customer from time to time.
- iFiber may:
- suspend and/or terminate the Service if any fee and/or payment due for the Service provided is not settled in full;
- suspend and/or terminate the Service in the event the Customer fails to comply with the terms herein;
- temporarily suspend the Service if any scheduled or unscheduled outages occur which cause interruption to the Service, including but not limited to maintenance of iFiber equipment or systems;
- suspend and/or terminate the Service if the Customer becomes a bankrupt;
- suspend and/or terminate the Service if any Force Majeure Event occurs; or
- suspend and/or terminate the Service if the Customer is in breach of any rules, regulations, by laws, acts, ordinances.
Change of Service’s Package Plan
- Customers shall have the right to change their Service package at any time upon expiry of their current Service package Validity Period.
- Customer also acknowledges that iFiber has the right to substitute the Service with a comparable service as a result of technological changes or advancement (“Substituted Service”). In such event, the Customer will be notified of the Substituted Service to be provided by iFiber.
- In the event the Customer rejects the Substituted Service offered by iFiber, then the Customer can terminate the Service by not paying the monthly charges and the Service will be terminated automatically. If the Customer accepts the Substituted Service offered by iFiber, then the terms herein shall be deemed to apply for the subscription of the Substituted Service.
Billing and Payment
- The subscription fee and other applicable charges for the Service are published for viewing for the Customer from time to at our www.veve.my or as provided in the respective Service Providers websites. Customer will be charged according to the type of Service subscribed.
- iFiber will send a reminder of the bill for the Service on monthly basis to your email address furnished by the Customer during registration or as updated by the Customer from time to time.
- The Customer can also view, download and print the bill as and when required via our Self Care Portal. It is the responsibility of the Customer to periodically check iFiber Self Care Portal for the latest bill.
- The Customer is required to settle their bill before the due date as stipulated in the bill in order to avoid Service Suspension and/or Termination.
- The Customer shall bear the cost of site support visit requested from the Customer at the rate of RM50.00 per visit or at such other current prescribed rate as shall be reasonably determined by iFiber from time to time. The charge is not inclusive of any materials or equipment replacement charges.
Disclaimer/Limitation of Liability/Right of Entry
- The Service is provided on reasonable endeavours basis.
- The Service speed over Wifi is on reasonable endeavours basis. The Customer acknowledges that speed depends on factors such as size of the Customer’s premises, location, construction material of the building, capabilities of the modem and the number of simultaneous users of the Wifi. iFiber does not provide configurations or installations for third party equipment or modem of the Customer.
- iFiber makes no warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, and expressly disclaims all implied warranties, including, but not limited to warranties of accuracy of the Service for a particular purpose of the Customer.
- iFiber shall not be liable to the Customer for any indirect, consequential and incidential loss, cost, claim, liability, expenses, demands or damages whatsoever, loss of profits, loss of savings, loss of data or loss of business arising out of the Customer’s failure or inability to use the Service or delay, loss or damage or service failure due to computer viruses, worms, computer sabotage, denial of service attacks or other hacking attacks of similar nature. iFiber’s liability (if any) is limited to restore the Service.
- For any planned interruption of Service, iFiber will provide adequate notice via a valid mobile number and/or e-mail and/or any other mode of communication deem appropriate. The Customer is responsible to update iFiber on any changes in contact details. iFiber shall not be liable in the instance the Customer is unable to receive such notices due to the Customer’s failure to update iFiber on their new contact details.
- For any unplanned interruption of Service, iFiber will endeavor to notify and update the Customer via a valid mobile number and/or e-mail and/or any other mode of communication deem appropriate.
- The Customer agrees to indemnify, defend and hold iFiber, its officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, licensors and suppliers harmless from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including lawyer’s fees, resulting from any violation by the Customer of these terms and conditions or asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Customer’s use of the Service.
- Neither party shall be liable for any breach of these terms and conditions arising from cause beyond its control including but not limited to Acts of God, insurrection of civil disorder, war or military operations, national or local emergency, acts or omissions of government, highway authority or other competent authority, industrial disputes of any kind (whether or not involving either party’s employees), electricity or power failure, cable cut, fire, lightning, explosion, flood, subsidence, inclement weather, acts or omissions of persons or bodies for whom neither party is responsible or any other cause whether similar or dissimilar outside either party’s control (“Force Majeure Event”).
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia, without reference to conflict of laws principles. Any dispute between the Customer and iFiber regarding these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Malaysia and the Customer expressly waive all defenses to jurisdiction.